How to use Messenger's Get Started feature
Log in to Prosperna
Go to Social Channels
Customize Facebook Messenger
Select your Connected Facebook Page
Toggle the Get Started Feature
Log in to Facebook
Go to Facebook Page
Refresh and view the updated chatbox
Note: You must complete the Fb Messenger Setup first. Enabling Get Started disables Ice Breakers and vice versa.
The "Get Started" button is displayed on the initial Messenger welcome screen.
When this button is tapped, Messenger will display a greeting message (up to 160 characters limit).
It also enables the quick reply function wherein it will ask the visitor a few more information about them e.g. email & etc.
Steps to Setup Get Started on Messenger
1. Log in to Prosperna
2. Go to Social Channels.
3. Customize Facebook Messenger
4. On the Setup Page, select your Connected Facebook Page
5. Toggle the Get Started Feature
6. Log in to your Facebook account
7. Go to your Facebook Page
8. Open the Chatbox
If you have a current test conversation you must delete it.
If you do not have a previous conversation proceed to Step 9.
Follow these steps:
- Open the chat box on Facebook page/shop.
- On the chat box header, click on the name to enable chat settings.
- Click on Delete conversation
- Refresh your Facebook page, and open your chat box.
9. Refresh and view the updated chatbox
If you enable the Get Started option you should be able to see a "Get Started" button on your Facebook page/shop chat box.
If you disabled the Get Started option you should be able to see the Facebook default options.
Result: A Get Started button will appear on the chat box when your client clicks "Send Message" on your Facebook page.
Need more help?
For more information and assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.