How to use Messenger's Persistent Menu feature
Log in to Prosperna
Go to Social Channels
Customize Facebook Messenger
Select your Connected Facebook Page
Toggle the Get Started Feature
Toggle the Persistent Menu Feature
Select Menu Type
Log in to Facebook
Go to Facebook Page
Refresh and view the updated chatbox
Note: You must complete the Fb Messenger Setup first. Enabling Get Started disables Ice Breakers and vice versa.
The “Persistent Menu” is always available to the user.
This menu should contain top-level actions that users can click at any point.
Having a persistent menu easily communicates the basic capabilities of your bot for first-time and returning users.
The menu will automatically appear in a thread if the person has been away for a certain period of time and returns.
Steps to Set Up Persistent Menu On Messenger
1. Go to Social Inbox, Under Settings.
2. Customize Facebook Messenger
3. Select your Connected Facebook Page
4. Toggle "Get Started" Button
5. Toggle "Persistent Menu" Button
6. Select Menu Type
- Text: Replies Text Messages on the Facebook page chat box.
- Web URL: Redirects the customer to a certain link.
- Product Catalog: Sends a display of your products.
7. Type Menu Title
The Menu Title will be the Option Name on the Display Menu Later on.
8. Insert Response.
Responses will vary depending on the selected Menu Type.
Text: Sentence that will be sent to the selected Menu.
Web URL: Your website's link where your customer will be redirected to.
Product Catalog: This option shows your products.
9. Don't forget to click "Save"
10. Log in to the Facebook account of your selected page
11. Open your Facebook page chat box.
If you have a current test conversation you must delete it.
If you do not have a previous conversation proceed to Step 12.
Follow these steps:
- On the chat box header, click on the name to enable chat settings.
- Click Delete conversation
12. You should be able to see the Get Started button on your Facebook page chat box.
13. Click the Get Started button.
If you enable the Persistent Menu option you should be able to see the created menu after clicking the menu button on the lower right side of the chat box.
If you disabled the Ice Breaker option. The inserted data will be deleted from the system. You will only see the Facebook default options.
14. Click the Menu you created. You should be able to see the following.
- Web URL
This option will redirect you to your inserted link on a new tab.
- Product Catalog
Need more help?
For more information and assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.