How to use Messenger's Welcome Screen feature
Log in to Prosperna
Go to Social Channels
Customize Facebook Messenger
Select your Connected Facebook Page
Toggle the Welcome Screen Feature
Log in to Facebook
Go to Facebook Page
Refresh and view the updated chatbox
Note: You must complete the Fb Messenger Setup first. Enabling Get Started disables Ice Breakers and vice versa.
The "Welcome Screen" is displayed for people interacting with your bot for the first time. It also displays the name and responsiveness of your bot, the profile picture and cover photo from your Facebook page, an optional greeting message, and the "Get Started" button.
1. On the left navigation, hover to settings then click "Messenger Settings"
2. You should be able to see a slider appear.
3. On Select Facebook page, click the Facebook page/shop you want to use
4. Scroll down until "Welcome Screen", click the toggle to enable/disable
5. Insert your Welcome Message and Click Save
6. Log in to the Facebook account of your selected page.
7. Go to your Facebook page.
8. Open your Facebook page chat box.
If you have a current test conversation you must delete it.
If you do not have a previous conversation proceed to Step 9.
Follow these steps:
- Open the chat box on Facebook page.
- On the chat box header, click on the name to enable chat settings.
- Click on delete conversation
- Refresh your Facebook page, open your chat box
9. You should be able to see the update on your Facebook page chat box.
If you enable the Welcome Screen Option you should be able to see the inserted message on your Facebook page chat box
If you disabled the Welcome Screen Option. The Inserted data will be deleted from the system. You will only see the Facebook default message.
Result: When a client wants to send you a message for the first time, a welcome message will appear below your business page's name.
Need more help?
For more information and assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.