myStore: How to Setup Facebook (Meta) Pixel
The following information has been taken from the Meta Business Help Center
If you already set up your Meta Pixel using IMG tags or plan to do so, we recommend that you follow the developer documentation. Learn more.
In this article, we'll cover how to set up and install a Meta Pixel on your website. To learn more about the Pixel before getting started, check out the benefits of installing a Meta Pixel.
If you already created a Meta Pixel and want to find your Pixel base code, skip to section 2, How to install the Meta Pixel on your website. Follow the instructions to Manually add Pixel code to the website.
You need a website for your business.
You must be able to update your website's code.
If you haven't created a Meta Pixel, follow these steps
If you do not want to be redirected to FB's Event manager Page straight away: Please Follow these quick steps.
1. Go to your Facebook account.
2. Select your business page.
3. On the left side, click on "Manage Shop".
4. Click on "Go to Commerce Manager".
5. Click on the three lines next to Commerce Manager.
6. Select "Events Manager".
7. Proceed to STEP 2 below.
NOTE: For easier access, we suggest just clicking on the "Events Manager" to be redirected to the Events Manager page straight away.
- Go to Events Manager.
- Click Connect Data Sources and select Web or Connect Data.
- Select Meta Pixel and click Connect.
- Select web as Data
- Add your Pixel Name.
- Enter your website URL to check for easy setup options.
Steps on How to Set up Facebook Pixel
Once you've created your Meta Pixel, you're ready to put the Pixel code on your website. For instructions on how to do this with your Prosperna store, follow the steps below on how to manually add Pixel code to the website.
- Go to Events Manager
- Click Connect Data Sources and select Web.
- Name your Pixel.
- Enter your website URL
- Choose Meta Pixel only
- Click on Data Sources and select install code manually
- Copy base code
- Log in to your admin's backend. Click on Settings and then Standard Pages.
- Select on Customize Tab
- Scroll down until you see Integration.
- Copy the codes and paste them into the Integration box. See the example below
Steps to Check Pixel Setup Success (Optional)
- Download the Facebook Pixel Helper extension on a Chrome browser
Click on Facebook Pixel Helper to see if the ID you pasted reflects
Note: You must be on your products page before checking Facebook Pixel Helper.
Result: The Pixel ID should match the one you made.
Need more help?
For more information and assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.